T-level Programmes

The all new vocational GOLD Standard!

T-levels are ground-breaking new qualifications, and Cirencester College is right at the forefront of the roll-out.

T-levels really do take you to the next level with a large and valuable work placement and two years of quality teaching, wrapped up with a range of skills to provide a 3 A-level equivalent qualification that will be the new industry standard and the envy of all others.

Designed in the closest partnership with employers we’ve ever seen, these qualifications will take you to the heart of your career choice and offer a superb springboard for your future. Take it to the next level!

What are they like?

T-levels are built around a core set of underpinning knowledge, concepts and skills, tailored for each chosen industry and occupation. There’s also specialist content covering occupational or industry specific skills, and then an industry placement with an employer which will last for a minimum of 45 working days. This gives you quality theory and valuable experience, all wrapped up in a new gold standard of education.

There are three qualifications in the first release of T-levels:


Not quite ready yet to take a T-level? Our Yet-T programme will set you up with a host of excellent skills and neat approaches to work that will put you in a great position to apply for a T-level. You’ll also get the chance to get those GCSE English and Maths grades you need if you haven’t already attained them, wrapped up in a valuable and relevant training package. The Yet-T programme: how to take it to the next level.

New T Levels – combine your studies with ‘on-the-job’ learning

Here at Cirencester College we are very pleased to be one of the first colleges in the country to be offering T Levels, new technical courses launching in 2020. The 2 year T Level courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses to help you get the skills and knowledge you need and open the door to highly skilled employment, a higher apprenticeship or higher level study.

T Levels will combine classroom theory, practical learning and a 3 month industry placement with an employer to make sure you have real experience of the workplace. The course will take two years to complete, offering a technical alternative to A Levels. Around 80% of your time will be spent at college with the remaining 20% being spent at your placement. This differs to an Apprenticeship, which is typically 80% on-the-job and 20% in the classroom and more suited to those who feel ready to enter the workforce at 16.

The first T Levels will be offered in September 2020, so if you are currently in Year 10, you’ll be among the first with the opportunity to study them. Initially, Cirencester College will be offering T Levels in Construction/Digital/Education & Childcare. In the years that follow there will be many more subjects to choose from, including Animal Care, Catering, Engineering, Finance and Health. Alongside specialist teaching in college, the industry placement will be a key part of the programme. Experience with a real employer in a real workplace will allow you to apply the skills and knowledge you learn in the classroom to the job, giving you a taste of the world of work you can expect once you compete your studies. This will give you the opportunity to develop the employability skills you need for your chosen career.

To find out more about T Levels, visit www.gov.uk/dfe/t-levels