The course is designed for young people who require support and guidance to develop their social and employability skills. It will help to prepare you for independence in learning, life and employment, giving you the understanding and confidence you will need to succeed.
This course is primarily a progression course for students who do not meet the entry requirements for an Apprenticeship, their chosen vocational Level 2 course, or who lack the experience to gain employment.
You will build the practical skills needed to succeed in a learning or work environment and it will help you decide on the next stage of your career.
- improve your math’s & English GCSE grades
- develop and enhance the skills required for the working environment.
- Participate in meaningful work experience
You will be required to attend College three days per week and one day a week work placement.
- A minimum of Three GCSEs at Grade 2, to include English and mathematics.
- Places will be offered following a satisfactory interview
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to a particular vocational pathway
Skills You Will Develop
Whilst completing this course, you will develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills that employers look for. These range from familiar key skills such as:
- team working
- independent learning
- problem solving
to more complex skills such as:
- an appreciation for appropriate language, behaviour and dress
- appropriate interpersonal skills
- communicating with colleagues in a professional manner
- understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation.
There are various appropriate progression routes such as:
- Supported Internship (for students with an EHCP)
- Employment with training
- L2 Vocational courses