Salary: £26,926 – £38,054
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: Immediate Start Available
Cirencester College is recruiting an experienced SEND lecturer and assessor. This is a rare opportunity to join an outstanding department with an excellent reputation.
We are looking for someone who has the experience and a thorough understanding of the processes around the assessment, support planning and specialist teaching of students with additional needs, including support for learners with specific learning difficulties, physical disabilities, sensory impairments and medical needs. The successful candidate must have the relevant qualifications required by JCQ, in order to carry out the assessments for exam access arrangements; these are specified in the job specification.
You will be expected to:
- Assess the needs of SEND students
- Plan, review and facilitate appropriate support plans for SEND learners, working closely with colleagues across college and liaising with external agencies
- Carry out assessments of students requiring exam access arrangements in line with JCQ guidance.
- Offer specialist academic support to students on a 1:1 and small group basis
- Work as part of the Academic and Learning Support Team, sharing good practice to facilitate equal access to the curriculum and support the ambitions and aspirations of all students.
Further details can be found in the job description attached.
Closing Date: 3rd January 2024, noon
PLEASE APPLY NOW – This position will close once sufficient applications have been received.
We regret that due to the large number of applications we receive we are only able to contact those candidates to be interviewed.
Benefits include: Teachers Pensions defined benefit pension scheme (including life assurance), generous holidays, sick pay scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, free on-site car parking, on-site fitness suite, Refectory and Cycle to Work Scheme.
Cirencester College may carry out online searches during the recruitment process on shortlisted candidates, as part of due diligence checks.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Cirencester College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
Internal Applicants should complete an ‘Internal Application Form’ and send to email@example.com Forms are located on CCO under Cross College Documents, Forms, ‘Internal Application Form’