Salary: £28,178 – £38,054 per annum, pro rata
(Salary dependent on qualifications and experience)
Contract: Fractional, Permanent (part-time post, 80% contract (4 days a week / 29.6 hours a week))
Required: 8th April 2024
Working schedule would be: Monday and Tuesday evenings and Tuesday and Friday daytime. We are willing to be flexible with the remaining working hours.
We are looking to recruit an Adult Community Lecturer to take over various levels of English classes and to help us develop our employability and digital offer. We are seeking an exceptional tutor, with a successful track record of delivering high-quality teaching from Pre-Entry through to Level 2 ESOL and/or functional skills. We are looking for someone that has a passion to help students from different backgrounds, better integrate into community life. The candidate would need to be flexible and good at working with students at a range of levels and abilities.
The successful applicant will have experience in delivering innovative and creative teaching and learning and possess an up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of curriculum delivery. They will also have the ability to use inspiring teaching methods and produce engaging teaching materials. Ideally with a PGCE or CELTA qualification, experience with Edexcel Skills for Life qualifications would be an advantage, although not strictly necessary.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Have a good understanding of the Functional Skills and ESOL Skills for Life specifications
- Be confident to teach basic digital employability skills
- Be able to motivate students and help them enjoy learning English
- Work independently
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Be confident teaching mixed level adult classes
- Closely monitor students’ progress and alert relevant parties to emerging issues
- Have recent experience of teaching in the Further Education Sector
- Hold a CELTA, DTLLS, PCET, PGCE or QCF Level 5 Diploma in Education, or demonstrate a commitment to obtain an equivalent qualification on the job
- Have experience developing growing provisions and an understanding of IV processes and of writing schemes of work
Further details can be found in the job description attached.
Closing Date: 23rd February 2024, noon
***Applications will be considered as and when received, it is therefore advised to submit an application form at the earliest convenience. Please note this may be closed once sufficient applications are received.
We regret that due to the large number of applications we receive we are only able to contact those candidates to be interviewed.
Benefits include: Teachers Pensions defined benefit pension scheme (including life assurance), generous holidays, sick pay scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, free on-site car parking, on-site fitness suite, Refectory and Cycle to Work Scheme.
Cirencester College may carry out online searches during the recruitment process on shortlisted candidates, as part of due diligence checks.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Cirencester College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
Internal Applicants should complete an ‘Internal Application Form’ and send to email@example.com Forms are located on CCO under Cross College Documents, Forms, ‘Internal Application Form’