Salary: £28,178 – £38,054 plus 1:1 prep uplift
Contract: Variable Hours, Permanent
Required: January 2024
Digital Functional Skills Tutor required for our 16-19 ESOL provision and our adult ESOL & Essential Skills Classes. Digital Functional Skills are the new qualifications at Entry 3 and Level 1, aimed at improving confidence in different aspects of everyday IT use.
We are looking for someone with experience and a good understanding of Digital and ICT skills as the classes will be quite diverse with a range of levels, experience, and needs.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Work independently
- Be able to motivate students and help them enjoy learning ICT
- Ensure students understand the content of the syllabus by habitually delivering good lessons
- Mark assessments such as tests, mock exams and homework assignments accurately and in a timely fashion
- Closely monitor students’ progress and alert relevant parties to emerging issues
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Have a good understanding of the course specifications
- Hold a PGCE or other level 4 teaching qualification, or demonstrate a commitment to obtain an equivalent qualification on the job
Hourly Paid up to 10 hours per week (1 x evening class Wed 6-8.30pm and approx. 4 day-time classes tbc). Further details can be found in the job description attached.
Closing Date: 3rd January 2024
Interview date: tbc
Please note this may be closed once sufficient applications are received.
PLEASE APPLY NOW – This position will close once sufficient applications are received.
We regret that due to the large number of applications we receive we are only able to contact those candidates to be interviewed.
Benefits include: Teachers Pensions defined benefit pension scheme (including life assurance), generous holidays, sick pay scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, free on-site car parking, on-site fitness suite, Refectory and Cycle to Work Scheme.
Cirencester College may carry out online searches during the recruitment process on shortlisted candidates, as part of due diligence checks.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Cirencester College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.