Salary: £22,070 – £22,480 per annum, pro rata
Contract: Permanent, Term Time Only (38 weeks), flexible days up to 32.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm
Required: immediate start available
Cirencester College are looking to recruit a number of enthusiastic Learning Support Workers to join our friendly, supportive team. As a member of the support staff, you would play a pivotal role in supporting our learners to achieve during their academic studies. This could be in a range of classes from Functional Skills to A Levels working on a 1:1 basis or in small groups.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, reliable, have great communication skills and excellent team working skills. This is an ideal opportunity for a person keen to gain some experience of working with a range of students within a growing educational establishment.
This role is a permanent term-time only role. We can offer flexible working days with up to 5 days a week. We require candidates to work 9-4pm, including a lunch break. Some occasional meetings and training after 4pm, we are open to discussing this further at interview. We will provide a supportive induction and training package, as well as hands on experience shadowing members of the current team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a good level of general education, including GCSE English and Maths Grade 4 / C or above, and who would be confident supporting in both areas.
- Has a positive interest in working with young people and happy to supervise small study groups and workshops.
- Has the ability to work calmly.
- Is efficient at record keeping, including taking notes during classes.
- Efficient user of computer systems, including Teams and Outlook.
- We would be particularly interested to hear from applicants with an interest in the areas of Sport or ICT.
Closing Date: 5th October 2023, noon
PLEASE APPLY NOW – this position will close once sufficient applications are received.
We regret that due to the large number of applications we receive we are only able to contact those candidates to be interviewed.
Benefits include: LGPS defined benefit pension scheme – 24%+ college pension contribution, reviewed annually (including life assurance), generous holidays, sick pay scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, free on-site car parking, on-site fitness suite, Refectory and Cycle to Work Scheme.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Cirencester College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.