Outdoor Activities, Duke of Edinburgh and Uniformed Services Technicians
Cirencester College, Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Location: Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Closing Date: 2nd December 2022
Salary: £20,759- £22,488 Technician 2 (support technician)
Salary: £23,087 – £24,242 Technician 3 (instructor technician)
Salary dependent on qualifications and experience
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent
Required: Immediate start available
Would you relish the opportunity to join our established and highly regarded Outdoor, Duke of Edinburgh and Uniformed Services team? We are looking for a person to join either in a supportive role (technician 2) or an instructor role (technician 3).
At Cirencester College, you would have the opportunity of instructing and leading students to develop their skills in the field of outdoor adventure. You would work closely with the staff team to plan and deliver safe and impactful adventurous activities for students.
You will be mainly supporting students on Duke of Edinburgh Expeditions and projects, the Uniformed Services course and our new Outdoor Adventure course. You would be tasked with leading smaller groups in activities associated to outdoor adventure (e.g., climbing, camping, walking, kayaking) and facilitating their learning as part of their course.
You would be surrounded by a committed and supportive team who will readily share resources and best practices, and offer support whenever required. Within this environment we would help you further develop as a practitioner, as you in turn develop your students.
If you want the opportunity to be part of our Outdoor Adventure and Uniform Services team then do apply.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Instruct to a high standard
- Have an outstanding awareness of health and safety and risk assessment
- Be willing to lead small groups inside and outside of the classroom to develop skills that contribute towards their qualification
- Candidates should have a commitment to providing high quality learning to enable all learners to achieve their full potential.
- The ability to truly work as a team player is also essential. The post holder will be expected to demonstrate outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Contribute towards preparing students for assessments
Interviews Scheduled From: 21st November 2022
Please note this position may close early once sufficient applications are received.
Benefits include: LGPS defined benefit pension scheme (including life assurance), sick pay scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, free on-site car parking, on-site fitness suite, Refectory and Cycle to Work Scheme.