Salary: £20,759- £22,488 pay award pending
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent
Required: Immediate start available
Would you relish the opportunity to join our established and highly regarded Outdoor, DofE, and Uniformed Services Team?
At Cirencester College, you would have the opportunity of instructing and leading students to develop their skills in the field of outdoor adventure. You would work closely with the staff team to plan and deliver safe and impactful adventurous activities for students.
You will be mainly supporting students on Duke of Edinburgh Expeditions and projects, the Uniformed Services course and our new Outdoor Adventure course. You would be tasked with leading smaller groups in activities associated to outdoor adventure (e.g., climbing, camping, walking, kayaking) and facilitating their learning as part of their course.
You would be surrounded by a committed and supportive team who will readily share resources and best practices, and offer support whenever required. Within this environment we would help you further develop as a practitioner, as you in turn develop your students.
If you want the opportunity to be part of our Outdoor Adventure and Uniform Services team then do apply.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Instruct to a high standard
- Have an outstanding awareness of health and safety and risk assessment
- Be willing to lead small groups inside and outside of the classroom to develop skills that contribute towards their qualification
- Candidates should have a commitment to providing high quality learning to enable all learners to achieve their full potential.
- The ability to truly work as a team player is also essential. The post holder will be expected to demonstrate outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Contribute towards preparing students for assessments
Closing Date: 9th February 2023, noon
PLEASE APPLY NOW – This position will close once sufficient applications are received.
We regret that due to the large number of applications we receive we are only able to contact those candidates to be interviewed.
Benefits include: LGPS defined benefit pension scheme (including life assurance), sick pay scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, free on-site car parking, on-site fitness suite, Refectory and Cycle to Work Scheme.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Cirencester College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.