Social Distancing – September
We have a number of protocols in place to work with our day-time students; these will apply to evening class students too with additions for your safety and are as follows:
- We have in place a one-way system around each building and the college. This means that no two people need to pass in the corridor.
- We are maintaining 2 metre social distance and have markings on the ground to facilitate this.
- We ask that you wash your hands frequently
- Desks and chairs are being sprayed and wiped after each class to avoid the risk of cross contamination
- We have reduced the number of available seats and tables in each classroom which also reduces the number of people we can have in each class
- Adult classes will be social distanced throughout. Students will be seated facing forwards limiting face to face contact and 3 desk spaces must be kept between students at all times
- We will ask you to fill up the seats from the furthest point to avoid passing people on route and also not to get up and move around the classroom during the lesson
- Any shared equipment, such as computer keyboards, will be disinfected and wiped before and after each student use.
PPE – We ask that students wear masks in corridors to get to classrooms and to and to take these off once safely seated. Although Govt directives are against masks in college, we are happy for staff and students to use their own masks and gloves, at their discretion, if it helps them feel more confident and able to access learning.
If you have symptoms of Covid-19, we ask that you follow the Public Health England guidance and stay at home for 7 days. If you are in contact with someone who has been tested positive, we ask that you self-isolate for 14 days or as per PHE advice at the time. Where you have to isolate but are well enough to study, where possible, we can plan for you to access learning remotely. This is particularly important for those studying courses with exams such as English and maths.
If the Government closes schools and colleges again, we will either cancel the course and give you a full-refund, delay the start of the course or, for English and maths classes, we will plan to teach you remotely via MSTeams. Once you are enrolled on a class, we will keep you updated as things change.
Thank you for your patience and support.