Marketing is vitally important to all businesses providing the insight to develop and deliver new products and services to meet ever-changing customer needs. It is the process of researching, developing, promoting and distributing, products or services through effective channels to engage with a range of target audiences. Occupations in marketing span most industries and sectors and the roles can sit within a specific company/agency that provides marketing deliverables and advice to external clients, or within an internal marketing team, delivering marketing activities to drive that business. Marketing teams generally work with external agencies to deliver specialist elements of their marketing campaigns.
A Marketing Executive will help shapes, support and deliver marketing plans, working in conjunction with the Marketing Manager who will define the overall marketing strategy. A Highly audience focused role which requires creativity, communication and project management skills – these individuals are responsible for planning and executing tactical and targeted marketing activity. Typical responsibilities include:
- Managing and maintaining key marketing channels, including digital, offline and social media
- Planning and delivering tactical integrated marketing campaigns
- Managing the production and distribution of marketing materials
- Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers (incl. agencies) and partner organisations
- Collecting and analysing research information to understand target audience behaviour and views across the market in general and the marketing mix
- Assisting in the achievement of brand positioning to agreed guidelines
- Organising and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions.
Each apprentice will be allocated a Coach to support learning and preparation for EPA. In addition Progress Reviews will take place regularly to ensure the apprentice is on track.