The College is renowned for its rural setting and green fields, which is where you will find our students on a sunny day. There are plenty of social and study areas around the campus where students have the opportunity to relax or work. Students can access free Wi-Fi from their own devices anywhere on site. Visit one of our open events and explore for yourselves! The College is ambitious for it’s students and has invested a substantial amount of funding in recent years to meet both the future skill requirements of students and employers.
Facilities at Cirencester College
Early in 2022, the College opened the new Gloucestershire Digital Skills Centre. Digital skills are a major part of all that we do and this building, with all its cutting edge technology, will develop the skills of all our learners, not just those taking IT related courses. Currently we are building the College’s new £5 million T-level building, which is exciting news for all those starting T-levels in 2023. It will provide sector specialist accommodation for our T-levels in Engineering, Health, Construction, Finance, Early Years, Accounting and Business. There will be three large engineering workshops, a small training hospital and an early years classroom. T-levels are designed to prepare students to succeed in modern working environments. The new building should be opening in late Autumn of 2022, and by 2023, we hope to have two new ‘Art Lofts’ ready for our creative students.
- The Sundial Theatre is a fully functional professional theatre. It is also used by our Drama and Performing Arts students
- The practical learning facilities in our numerous science labs provide students with the ideal facilities for scientific learning and discovery
- You don’t need to be one of our students to use our multi-sports hall facilities. Our extensive enrichment programme means that all students can get involved in sport from basketball, volleyball, badminton, netball, futsal and indoor cricket. Students will also have access to our Fitness Suite with spin bikes, treadmills, cross trainers, exercise bikes, weights equipment and rowing machines
- The Animal Science Centre with over 50 different species including a range of small mammals, amphibians, reptiles, birds and fish.
- Full equipped Music Studio and Music Technology Suite, TV Studio & Editing Suite
- The College has a number of catering outlets where students can buy anything! From a delicious homemade meal, to a snack and coffee; these include the Refectory and the Spotlight
Study Hub & Library
The Study Hub and Library support student learning by providing a staffed and supervised independent learning environment. Information and digital literacy skills are delivered to enhance study skills and expert staff are on hand to advise you on how to get the most out of the resources which include books, DVDs, journals and electronic materials.
Supervised Study Areas
As part of their study programme, students will have a timetabled series of lessons in their programme of study where they will work in a supervised study area. These are quiet areas where students can get on with their coursework or revision and be able to access a computer station if needed.