The College is renowned for its rural setting and green fields, which is where you will find our students on a sunny day. There are plenty of social and study areas around the campus where students can relax or work. Students can access free Wi-Fi from their own devices anywhere on site. The College is ambitious for its students and has invested substantial funding in recent years to meet the future skill requirements of both students and employers. Visit one of our open events and explore for yourselves.
Facilities at Cirencester College
Early in 2022, the College opened the new Gloucestershire Digital Skills Centre. Digital skills are a major part of all that we do and this building, with all its cutting-edge technology, will develop the skills of all our learners, not just those taking IT related courses.
Our new £5 million T-level building opened in Spring 2023, providing sector specialist accommodation for our T-levels in Engineering, Health, Construction, Finance, Early Years, Accounting and Business. There are three large engineering workshops, a small training hospital and an early years classroom. T-levels are designed to prepare students to succeed in modern working environments. As well as this, our new ‘Art Lofts’ opened in September 2023 ready for the new Craft and Design T-level starting in September 2024.
The investment continues, we will be opening a new, bigger pastoral hub, additional refectory and social space and more T-level classrooms in 2024.
- The Sundial Theatre is a fully functional professional theatre. It is also used by our Drama and Performing Arts students
- The practical learning facilities in our numerous science labs provide students with the ideal facilities for scientific learning and discovery
- You don’t need to be one of our sports students to use our multi-sports hall facilities. Our extensive enrichment programme means that all students can get involved in sport such as basketball, volleyball, badminton, netball, futsal and indoor cricket. Students will also have access to our Fitness Suite with spin bikes, treadmills, cross trainers, exercise bikes, weights equipment and rowing machines
- The Animal Science Centre with over 50 different species including a range of small mammals, amphibians, reptiles, birds and fish
- A fully equipped Music Studio and Music Technology Suite, TV Studio & Editing Suite and Esports Suite
- The College has a number of catering outlets where students can buy anything! From a delicious homemade meal, to a snack and coffee; these include the Refectory and the Spotlight
All students are encouraged to use the Library. The Library supports student learning by providing a staffed and supervised independent learning environment. Information and digital literacy skills are delivered to enhance study skills and expert staff are on hand to advise you on how to get the most out of the resources which include books, DVDs, journals and electronic materials.
Independent Study Areas
As well as the Library, students will find lots of study areas available across the campus where they can drop in, utilise computers, catch up on their studies and prepare their Flipped Learning. Most of these spaces have facilities for students to charge their laptops too.