Cirencester College has an established background in the delivery of teacher training qualifications. We will be running the 10 Week introductory Level 3 Award in Education and Training and the 2 year Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training, both starting September 2024.
While the Level 5 programmes are designed for individuals who wish to teach (or are teaching) in the Lifelong Learning Sector, the Level 3 Award is ideal for those working within industry training or instruction settings. The Lifelong Learning Sector includes colleges, school sixth forms, adult and community learning, workplaces and prisons.
You’ve heard of Teach First and PGCE courses at Uni but did you also know that:
- You can also learn to teach at Cirencester College.
- Alongside your placement, you may also be offered paid teaching
- 70% of our lecturers were recruited from our course. ‘Growing your own’ works for us.
- Where we have a lecturing vacancy we always offer the chance to ‘train on the job’
- After qualifying in a 6th Form College it is easy to convert to school teaching if that is your thing.
More details on the two courses on offer can be found here.
Our course has been specially put together to emphasise the skills you need to thrive in teaching today. This includes behaviour management, best practice in post 16 teaching and learning and how to understand and use data effectively to improve student performance. You will be taught by some of our best lecturers. Several staff who have come to us already qualified have said, ‘I wish I had covered that on my teacher training course’.
If you would like to start your teaching career teaching great students in a well-resourced and top performing College then think about Cirencester.