Uniformed Services Level 3 Diploma

DO NOT DELETE OR EDIT THIS ROW OR ITS CONTENTS

Uniformed Services at Cirencester College provides the ultimate preparation for a career in the Armed Forces, Emergency and Rescue services (fire, police, ambulance), UK border force, as well as non-uniformed roles, civil service, voluntary or private security sector.
This course will challenge you, take you out of your comfort zone and put you one step ahead of the rest. More importantly, it will offer you the opportunity to find out more about the benefits of a career in the uniformed and non-uniformed services before you commit yourself.

What will I study in Uniformed Services Level 3 Diploma?

Preparing you for a career in the uniformed services is our ultimate goal. We pride ourselves on our success rates with 70% of students who pass going straight into employment either within the uniformed services, or utilising the skills learnt from the course to progress into other employment. The remaining 30% usually progress onto higher education.

You will have the opportunity to complete a variety of outdoor activities, which will help you to develop personal confidence through challenging yourself and achieving things that maybe you didn't think you were capable of. This should prepare you for facing the unexpected demands of a career in the uniformed services. 

There are eighteen units to be completed. Four units are mandatory and cover the core aspects of the uniformed services sector, these are: 

Prepare for a career in a chosen uniformed service;

Develop aspects of physical fitness for entry to the Uniformed Services;

Develop Leadership Skills;

Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.  

Another 14 optional units will provide knowledge of how uniformed services respond to a variety of things including emergency situations, recruitment preparation, developing coaching & leadership skills, conflict management, personal protection, teamwork, communication, drill, and navigation.

 

Entry Requirements

You will need five GCSEs at Grade 4 and above, including Maths and English. 

How will I learn?

The team try to make this a practical, hands on learning experience where you will get to immerse yourself into a uniformed service routine. There will be a weekly parade, where uniform and its appearance, punctuality and drill will all be assessed.

A strong emphasis is placed on physical fitness and outdoor adventurous activities and is an expectation that you keep yourself to a certain standard of fitness while on the course.   

Finally the course works to deadlines, so your ability to organise your time to meet these is really important.

How will I be assessed?

There are no exams within this course. Everything that you produce work wise will be used in a portfolio of evidence. Our aim is to try to make this an immersive experience allowing you to get a real feel for a career in the uniformed services. Where possible we will try to assess practically through scenarios and mock operations, we will also assess continually throughout the year using more conventional methods such as reports, presentations debates and group discussion. 

Any trips?

There are many residential and day trips - more details to follow

Are there any costs involved?

There will be some additional costs, more details to follow.

FAQs

Are there exams on this course?

 No, this course will not be assessed by exams. Where possible we will try to assess practically through scenarios and mock operations, we will also assess continually throughout the year using more conventional methods such as reports, presentations debates and group discussion. Work that you complete is collected in a portfolio of evidence. 


Do all units have to be completed?

There are eighteen units to be completed. Four units are mandatory and cover the core aspects of the uniformed services sector, these are: 

Prepare for a career in a chosen uniformed service;

Develop aspects of physical fitness for entry to the Uniformed Services;

Develop Leadership Skills;

Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.  

Another 14 optional units will provide knowledge of how uniformed services respond to a variety of things including emergency situations, recruitment preparation, developing coaching & leadership skills, conflict management, personal protection, teamwork, communication, drill, and navigation.

 


Where have you gone on past Expeditions?

Lake District: continuous journey via Raft Hike Kayak

National Three Peak challenge  Ben Nevis Scafell and Snowden

Lake district: Continuous journey via Walk, bike, SUP to meet the train


Available As

Extended Diploma
[168 UCAS pts. available]

Add to Application

Recently Visited Courses

All Courses

What can I do after I have taken this course?

Available As

Extended Diploma
[168 UCAS pts. available]

Add to Application

Recently Visited Courses

All Courses

DO NOT DELETE OR EDIT THIS ROW OR ITS CONTENTS