search
0

Congratulations to former Cirencester College student Charlotte Clinton who was the recipient of a prize for the best dissertation in the area of genetics and molecular biology at her recent graduation ceremony.

Charlotte attended Cirencester College from 2016-2019 and achieved A-levels in Biology, Psychology and Chemistry as well as an AS in Environmental Science. After leaving College, Charlotte went to Cardiff University to study BSc Biomedical Science and achieved a First.

The day before her graduation, Charlotte was informed that she would be receiving a certificate at the ceremony and a cash prize for her dissertation, for which she scored 77% in all three components.

Charlotte said “Winning the award was totally unexpected but really reinforced that I should have more belief in myself and my abilities and shows that’s hard work always pays off. I’m thrilled and it has given me such a confidence boost for my Masters which I start in September.”

Mike Cadman, Charlotte’s former tutor, said “Charlotte was a determined, enthusiastic and motivated student during her time at college. Despite having to overcome several challenges she was always positive and I am very pleased to see how she has thrived in higher education and that her hard work has paid off”

Charlotte is now going to the University of Manchester to study a Master’s degree in MRes Oncology, and hopes to eventually go on to study for a PHD.

For more information please contact chloe.suter@cirencester.ac.uk

Close Menu